Many of you know how crazy my Adelle is. Lately she has been very sneaky, and we both struggle with it. Well yesterday was a sneaking that was really difficult for all of us, but was a wonderful moment for Scott and I as parents.
Adelle and Lilly were playing with my sister while I was grocery shopping with my mom. At some point in the time that the girls were there Adelle was in my little sister Sarah's room. In Sarah's room was a ceramic dance trophy, Adelle was very interested in it and Sarah had specifically told her that she could not play with it, because it is fragile.
Well Adelle did not like this situation and decided to take matters into her own hands. She sneaked into Sarah's room when her guardians were busy and played with the trophy. Sadly the trophy broke, and Adelle did not tell anyone. When we all returned home I sent Scott to return things to my mom's house, and there was my little sister crying, and my mom explaining to Scott what was going on.
Scott then asked for the trophy, and headed home. At this point we had a very serious discussion about respect, and how sneaking is that same as lying. We then told Adelle that she needed to go see Sarah and appologize. We told Adelle that Sarah would forgive her. It was then that our four year old suprised us yet again.
"Is that mercy?" she asked.
Adelle you truly are amazing!
2 comments:
I didn't even see a picture of me on your blog, I'm very disappointed.
Justin
Fun to see the updates! Adelle is one of a kind - love her!!
Post a Comment