December 13, 2009

Welcome to Maryland!

I knew that moving to Maryland would be a culture shock, and this all came at not surprise, but I just have to share some of the crazy things that we have encounter since living here. First I must share this lovely picture.

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Anyone? Anyone? Here's a hint...

This Ladies and Gentlemen is a milk jug from Costco our here in good old Maryland. When I brought it home Scott thought that I had gone over-board with the mayonnaise .

A couple of other quirky things about this place. The first time we heard a siren we thought there was a cat dying somewhere. The largest most traveled freeway in the DC area is the 495 (many of you may already know) but it is as wide as I-15 in Salt Lake City! Hello, Salt Lake City is really small, and DC is Huge! Making traffic here a really bad word I don't want to say. (Luckily I don't have to go into Virginia for any reason, because when we were looking for a car for Scott we drove there a couple of times, yeah it took like an hour!)
Then this is one of my favorites. There is a highway here called the 32. If you Utahns can imagine Bangerter Highway with out lights. That's what I can compare it too. Speed limit 55mph or 60mph I can't remember. But guess what is on the highway? A Bike Lane!!! A bike lane! Let me tell you I'm going to be riding my bike in that bike lane. Not! I don't want to die!
Signaturre

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

NEVER would have guessed that was milk.

Becky said...

Wow, it's like moving to a different country, only they still speak english. Crazy!