October 6, 2007
Three cheers for Playdough!
So just this past week I have decided that I LOVE PLAYDOUGH!!!!! So for almost three years now I have been dreading Adelle playing with playdough, because of the horrible mess I just knew she was going to make with it! Well my good friend Sherrie has all kinds of playdough at her house and Adelle has been privileged enough to play with the playdough at Sherrie's when she would go over there, but I was still not convinced that I was ready to have the stuff in my home (mainly in my carpet and on my walls).The other day my mom had some at her house and proceeded to give it to Adelle to take home. To say the least I was not too happy about it, but I thought "O'well not much I can do about it now". I was not going to be the person to take that stuff away from her when she loves it so much. So the following day Adelle asks me if she can play with the playdough, and so I got her a plastic knife, a cutting board and the pink playdough. I WAS AMAZED! Adelle sat there for the longest time just playing with the playdough, cutting it, rolling it, turning it into snakes, she didn't get up from her seat (which is a HUGE deal for Adelle) and just played with the playdough. It is something that I give her now when I need her to just leave me alone to do dished or something, or we play with it together, because it is something that I have found that I kind of enjoy doing too! I wouldn't call it my favorite past-time, but it is definitely a play/bonding thing for Adelle and I to do together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment