August 24, 2008

Remembering...

Scott and I were discussing some of the funny experiences that we have enjoyed with the girls. The first thing that we started talking about was when we went to the State Capitol to see the finished construction.

While we were there a bride was having her pictures taken. Being in the Rotunda of the Capitol and all the grandiose architecture and seeing the bride all dressed up in her beautiful dress Lilly told me that the bride was a princess. We both got a kick out of Lilly's association to the bride and the Capitol. She saw it as a princess in a castle.

On the 24th of July we went to our friends cabin to have an overnighter. While there our friends were discussing a Youtube video, and Adelle was listening to the conversation and came to me and said "I'm going to kick his a**" I said "what!" and she said "that's was they are saying out there"

It was all a misunderstanding, but it was so funny! The thing that I have found interesting is that Adelle has many time in her life heard swear words and things that were not appropriate, but never repeats them, but since these people discussing this video and they were people that are our friends and people Adelle respected she figured it was okay to say what she said.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Gotta love Adelle!! Megan asked about her a couple of days ago and then just yesterday announced that Adelle doesn't live here anymore. It's taken her awhile to process. She'd love to still have her close by to play with every day.
Hope you guys are well in your new place - glad it's somewhere familiar and by family.

The Richardsons said...

Yeah, that was the most jaw-dropping moment ever! I did laugh till I cried though, and then had a little talk with the boys about how using a play on words is all the same to little ears.... :)

Sherrie said...

Sophia thinks the state capitol looks like a giant ice cream cone. Gotta love it.