July 10, 2007
Funny Girl!!!
So yesterday at our weekly grocery shopping outing Adelle was being very good, and so I told her that she could get a treat. Well the child of course chooses a ring pop, (she loves suckers or gum) and we would be in a world of hurt if I did not get two, one for Adelle and one for Lilly. So I bought two. The only problem was that it was right at nap time so I told Adelle that she and Lilly could have their treats after their nap. Well Adelle is at the age when she doesn't nap everyday and yesterday was one of the days she did not want to nap, so I let her get up, mostly because she was keeping her sister from falling asleep. My mistake was when she asked for the ring pop I let her have it, rather than making her wait for her sister.
So an hour and a half later Lilly wakes up ready for her ring pop, and I give it to her. Being the sweet girl that Lilly is she proceeds to share with Adelle. I tell Adelle that is enough, and go in the other room to talk to Scott. Two minutes later Scott and I hear a blood curdling scream. I walk into the front room and there is Adelle giving the ring pop back to Lilly, and Lilly has an ice cream sandwich on the tray of her highchair. (One that Adelle sneaked out of the freezer to trade with Lilly, the sandwich for the ring pop.) Adelle was trying to be good and share, but because of her sneakyness and disobedience spent three minutes in time-out. Moral of the story do what mom asks, and always get permission.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment