July 26, 2007

My Big Race!

So for those of you that are interested. I ran my first 10k on Tuesday. It was pretty exciting. I got up at 5:00 am and walked to Chipeta Way hung out for about 15 minutes and began to run. I ran the whole thing and even passed some people! The race wasn't too difficult as it was mostly downhill, but I threw out my neck and I'm still pretty sore. Anyway my final time was 1:05:09.1. I'm pretty proud of those numbers because the week before I had only run 5 miles in an hour and 15 minutes. When I got home Scott and the girls were still sleeping, so I took a shower and climbed back into bed with Scott just in time for him to get up with the girls so I could take a four hour nap:) So I feel like I did pretty well, and am proud of this accomplishment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That's an accomplishment! Good for you!

Jenny M said...

Congratulations, Kimbur! That's awesome!