
Five years ago today my best friend became my Eternal Companion. I am so grateful that Scott chose me, and that we continue to progress together everyday.
For those of you that are interested here is our story...

Scott and I were in the same Singles Ward in South Jordan, Utah. We served on the Fellowshipping Committee, but didn't really know each other. I had just ended a relationship and was wondering what was going to happen when a missionary I sent out came home. (two different boys)
Scott was interested in my best friend at the time, and we all started hanging out as a group. I immediately found a great friend in Scott and I found that I really enjoyed his company, and was quite taken with his beautiful smile, and kissable lower lip!
While Scott and I were developing a wonderful friendship I was having conflicting feelings with another friend of ours and the conflict of him being interested in my friend. Not to mention the boy I had been with for almost four years before his mission was coming home very soon. I was just determined to get over him and move on.
But it wasn't that easy. One day my group of friends decided to go and listen to Scott speak in his Stake. While Scott was speaking he was so witty, and charismatic, and passionate that I knew at that point my journey on getting over him was not going to be easy.
Some time later, during the 2002 Olympics, our group of friends decided to go to Park City and participate in the festivities. Another friend of ours had a cabin in Midway so we decided to go and stay the night up there after our nightly excursion. Well Scott and I were flirting like crazy, and having a lot of fun, when I put my hand in his coat pocket. Not realizing his hand was there when I put my hand in I began to pull it out and he grabbed on. We were pretty much in separable after that. (Mind you that this happened two weeks before the missionary I sent out came home)
But the plot thickens. After about three months of dating I knew that he was the one I wanted to marry. But he didn't figure things out that quickly. About six months into our courtship he went away for work for three weeks. In our three week separation he talked about getting married very subtly. And I was convinced that he was going to come home and propose to me. This was not the case. After a few disagreements, and a very frustrated Kimbur school had started and I decided to throw my everything into it to get my mind of my (what I thought) dead-end relationship.Everything was going fine and I was fine. I was studying hard and getting pretty good grades, when something shook my life.
Our bishop at the time approached me in Relief Society and asked me how I was doing, and out of the blue I burst into tears! I had no idea where this was coming from, and he took me to his office to talk.
I related my frustrations to him, frustrations I didn't even realize I had at the time, and he gave me some wonderful advice about not being so available, but I knew at that point it had to be all or nothing.
I then told Scott that we needed to go on a break until he figured things out. Yes everyone I gave him the ultimatum. I told him to take his time, and figure things out. So he did.Three days later I received a phone call while I was in class, and when I saw that it was him I was so nervous. I had no idea why he was calling me. I didn't think that he could have figured things out so soon. I called him back and went to his house.
Mind you it was his birthday so I took him a cake and a present. When I arrived he had just come home from work and he was translating a song from Spanish to English for me. He read me the lyrics, and played the song for me. He then told me that he wanted to progress with me, and I started to cry. We hugged and then I told him that he better get down on one knee and ask me right. So he did, and that is the beginning of our wonderful life together.
After five years, two kids, money problems, car problems, personalities conflicts, Scott is still my best friend and I love him more today than I did five years ago!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HONEY! I LOVE YOU!
6 comments:
Wow, what a great story! Thanks for sharing it! And what beautiful wedding pictures, too. So nice to take a trip down memory lane.
Wow, I never knew how you guys met! What a great story..by the way, was Dusty Dowdle the missionary you were waiting for?
That's a great story!! But now you're tagged! Go to my blog to see what to do.
Tracey
Cute story. Love the look of the blog by the way.
Happy belated Anniversary, guys! you survived the "hard" years!
Happy Anniversary! Kimbur I have to say you are the most beautiful bride! here's to another wonderful 5!
Post a Comment