December 3, 2007

Mice!!

So a couple of nights ago Scott informed me that there was a big rat running around our backyard and to make sure to keep the back door shut at all times. (It's kind of hard to shut, you have to really slam it!) The thought of having a big rat in my house made me so freaked out. I had a dream that night that the back door was chained, but open and this huge rat was running around my kitchen. So I've been really good about keeping the back door slammed!

Then as Adelle and I were preparing for her birthday party with our family we saw a mouse running around in the snow looking, unsuccessfully, for food. Poor guy I almost felt sorry for him, because he was small, but then really for mouse he was rather fat! Then the thought of the huge rat running around my kitchen made my feelings of compassion leave me immediately.

O'well I think that comes with the territory of living in a house rather than an apartment on the 13th floor.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Noooo!!!!!! We had mice IN our townhome last winter and it was so disgusting! We found mouse poop on the floors and had to have sticky traps all over the place! I hope we don't have a repeat of that!

The Richardsons said...

Us too! we saw a mouse in our kitchen the other night and caught it in a trap, but still, eeeeeew!

Brad said...

Yes, I have fond memories of slamming that back door because of mice. We killed 3 in our time living there. My boys would just leave that back door open too much!! I'm so sorry, they are gross!