April 8, 2008

A Day in the Life of Marjorie Adelle Foutz.

First things first. I wake up in the morning at 8:30 to get Mommy up for Aerobics. She bats me off and after 15 minutes gets out of bed. We all get dressed and Mommy slaps some butter on some bread hands one to Lilly while I dance around the living room, and decide what toys to bring to Aerobics. (Mommy forgot my bread so I was hungry for all of Aerobics)

Lilly and I get into the stroller and are off to the Heritage Center for some fun and craziness with my friends. But wait Mommy forgot the video, "You wait here I'll be right back". She heads back to the house while Lilly and I talk and play in the stroller.

We arrive at the Heritage Center at 9:15 to meet with friends: Vivi, Van, Kaya, Jackson, Ellie, and Alaiya. We play and run and fight over balls, then things got ugly. I wanted a toy that someone else wanted, and Mommy told me to give it back, I ignored her and she put me in the stroller for time out. I didn't like that one bit so I screamed as loud as I could. Mommy told me that I had to sit in time out when we got home.

When I got home I had to put my nose in the corner for four minutes! After that Mommy, Lilly and I went downstairs. Yes, time for Dora or Little Einsteins! To my dismay Mommy wanted to watch a boring show while she started the laundry. Grrr! "Mommy I want to watch a kid show" I asked as she flipped channels to find something really boring on. I kept asking and asking, but I just don't think that she got it. She kept flipping between one boring show and another. Mommy just kept saying "Please be quiet" or "in a minute", but I was getting impatient. I wanted to watch a kids show. Finally Mommy left and I got to watch Diego.

I guess Mommy took a shower or something, but a while later she called me up to have lunch. I came upstairs and Mommy told me that she was making a PB&J for me. "I don't want PB&J". "Okay what do you want?" "Yogurt" I said. "No sorry yogurts are for a snack later". Ugh. So I decided to settle on the sandwich and some cheese crackers.

After lunch Mommy, Lilly and I played Candyland. Lilly won and that made me sad, but Mommy told me to be a good sport or she wouldn't play Candyland with me again. So I was nice to Lilly, I also knew that she was having to go down for a nap, but not me I get to play and frolic and ...what's that mom? I have to have quiet time? Today is just not my day.

So I pack up my coloring supplies, Mommy packs up her computer, and we go downstairs to watch a little more T.V. Yeah more kids shows! Wait Mommy I want to watch that, no not again. Mommy's shows are no fun. Let see what I can do upstairs. But wait "Mommy can I go put on my new mermaid swimsuit?" "No Adelle your swimsuit is in your room, and Lilly is sleeping." Okay. Wanting Mommy's attention I began jumping behind the couch kissing her arm with my slobberiest kisses until she says impatiently "please stop doing that". It hurt my feelings that she wouldn't want my kisses, so I went upstairs.

I still wanted my swimsuit so I went up to my room to find it. I will be so quiet so I don't wake Lilly. Hmm, where can the swimsuit be? Aha! There it is on top of my dresser, but I can't reach it. I have an idea I'll bring one of the dining table chairs upstairs so that I can reach it. (marching downstairs) Okay chair lets go. Up, up, up the stairs, don't fall chair, don't fall Adelle. Yes we made it. Now creep in really quietly, climb the chair, and got it! Time to put on my swimsuit, and then my robe so Mommy doesn't know that I have my suit on.

Now I need a swimming pool. Got to go ask Mommy if I can play in the sink. "Mommy can I play in the sink?" "Not right now Adelle, please come and color with me. Adelle did you put your swimsuit on?" "No" "Adelle I know you're lying to me" "Okay Mommy I put on my swimsuit" "Did you wake up Lilly?" "No" "Okay whatever" Yes, since she didn't care about that maybe I can play in the sink after all. I will create the best swimming pool ever!

Okay turn on the cold water full blast, plug up the sing. Yes the sink is full! I wonder what would happen if I put the water on the floor it the bathroom would fill with water so that I can go swimming in the bathroom. Let's give it a try. Wow these rugs are absorbing the water, and this is taking too long to fill up the bathroom. I need something else to do. I know, I'll go see if Lilly's awake.

She's not awake I think I'll wake her up so that I can put on her swimsuit. "Lilly do you want to put on your swimsuit? Lilly, Lilly, wake up." Yeah your awake "Lilly do you want to put on your swimsuit? You do?" Okay we need to take your shirt and pant off. Wait I can hear Mommy calling. "Lilly you can put on your mermaid swimsuit by yourself" Exit bedroom to find Mommy angry. She went in her room and closed the door. A few minutes later came out and put me in my room. I guess I'll just play with Diego, and cry. I feel tired. I think I'll go take a nap.

Later, I hear "Adelle you need to wake up Daddy will be here soon" "No Mommy" "Come on I'll give you a graham cracker." "Okay"

Then it was dance time and Mommy Lilly and I danced until Daddy got there. We went to the Heritage Center to eat and I had pizza, and a cookie then we had Family Home Evening, and went to bed.

And that my friends is a day in the life of me!

4 comments:

Josh and Juli said...

I love that! I can't believe what a smart girl you have there. She definitely keeps you on your toes!

Annette said...

I think I am tired just reading your day Adelle!

Becky said...

She got a dining chair upstairs by herself? Wow. What a little woman.

Anonymous said...

I love this post! i hope you print it out and save it in a journal for her! life through the eyes of children ... doesn't get much better!