July 6, 2009

Sharing?

Since the day Lilly was born she has not been a "sharer". She is very possessive and is known to cry when one of her toys is being played with by someone other than herself. When asked to give something to someone else she will respond with a pouty face and shake her head in the negative or she usually says "I can't".

Then on Father's Day Lilly was "finished" eating (not much of an eater either) and not wanting to finish her dinner gave it to my Dad. Then coming to me in the house letting me know the kind deed she had done.

"Mommy I gave Bocca my dinner. Wasn't that nice of me?"

Sure kid.

Then two nights ago we were all eating one of my cravings: Lofthouse sugar cookies. When Adelle and I were finished we went outside leaving Scott and Lilly in the house to finish their cookies.

Lilly turns to Scott at that point and says:

Lilly: "Daddy would you like the rest of my cookie?"
Scott: "Don't you want it?"
Lilly: "No"
Scott: "Okay"
Lilly: (handing Scott the last half of her cookie) "Can I have a bite of your cookie?"


No comments: