August 26, 2009

Day 1

So today I took my warrior to the airport and waved him off to learn the ways of the Secret Service. I have to say I've done alright. I've only burst into tears five or six times today. Being a single mom (again, remember when Scott was working full time and going to school full time) just makes me realize that life is so much easier when you have your other half.

I feel strong and confident though that I will become a better person for this experience. I am trying to look at the positives, like I'll be able to finally catch up on all my blogging. (I know, I know I will get pictures up of Gavin, and Adelle's first day of school!)

I just wanted to say for my own benefit that I am a strong woman, and I CAN do this! And that I am so grateful to my wonderful husband that is willing to sacrifice this next while to make our lives better! (Not that it will be completely horrible for him, he gets to do fun boy stuff!)

Anyway sorry to bore you all with my life. I promise that I will post fun stuff about the kids really soon!

1 comment:

Jenny M said...

Oh, my goodness! That's so soon after your baby! Do you have help? Any grandparents coming to town? What can we do to help?

Praying for you,
Jenny