
There is something that most people don't know about me. I am a movie snob. I don't go to movies very often, granted I have three kids, but I am more of a board or card game person, or even just sitting around talking. (I know you all know that I LOVE to talk.) Which is really strange because growing up my family was the complete opposite. They all love movies. My Dad can tell you the story line of about any movie ever made!
I am especially disappointed with the Disney movies that have been made over past few years (Not Disney/Pixar have yet to see one of those I don't like. Although I had to watch Walle a few times before I liked it) Which is sad for a big Disney fan like myself (so I'm not a freak or anything, but you should see me at Disneyland). I remember as a kid getting so excited when Disney would come out with a new movie, and going to see it on the big screen and loving the music, the stories, and even have a small collection of the older Disneys. But something happened over the years, and all Disney seems to pump out were these "money making" movies slapping the Disney name on it and forgetting the magic that has been in Disney movies for so many years.
After many years and many lame Disney movies (many of which I did not waste my time watching, I know how could I know if it was lame if I haven't seen it. Trust me after seeing a many lame movies I can usually tell) I was very excited when I saw that Disney was doing the Princess and the Frog. (Finally going back to the Fairy tales) and after many years of disappointment Disney finally came through.
For New Year's Day my family went and say the movie and it was wonderful! The music, the story, the characters it was well DISNEY! THE MAGIC WAS BACK BABY!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME!

1 comment:
I like that term, "movie snob". I'm a movie snob, too. Jared watches movies while I play on the computer.
But now I have a movie to look forward to, thanks!
Post a Comment