On Saturday I was chaperoning a stake dance (I'm in Young Womens' now) and I was a little freaked out about going to Baltimore by myself. (Hey Baltimore is a scary place, and also a really big city...okay I overreacted.) Well my dear sweet husband said that he would drop me off at the dance and find something for the kids and him to do. (I wasn't wild about the idea, but I didn't want to get lost or carjacked.) So as a family we made the trip to Baltimore.
On the way the kids all fell asleep. I felt bad. I didn't know what Scott was going to do for three hours while I was chaperoning. He assured me he would be fine as he had brought his Sunday School lesson to prepare.
Apparently as soon as Scott dropped me off Lilly woke up. Scott then asked Lilly if she would like to go on a date and get a treat. To which a fast asleep (or so Scott thought) Adelle responded loudly "Yes!"
While running errands with my younger two Lilly says to me:
Lilly: Daddy has the Cheerio song on his IPod. (I'm then racking my brain Oh! Madonna Material Girl)
Then today while at Target they had these really cute Ballet slipper type shoes in white and in Adelle and Lilly's size. (You know me, obsessed with Matching.) I purchased the $9.99 shoes for spring Sunday shoes. As we were leaving the store I warned Lilly that I had bought the shoes, but they were for March, she then said "and for Daddy's Graduation" (which I have bought a new outfit for everyone to wear) Then as we got in the car she starts talking about Marching shoes. I disregard the strange comment because I have never heard her refer to any of her shoes as marching shoes. (Other names airplane shoes:crocs that I bought for the airplane, boots:rainboots, sparkley shoes...you get the point)
As we arrived home she requested the marching shoes. At this point I am quite perplexed as to what she means. I then ask her what Marching shoes are. She then replies: "The white ones with the bows" (You know the shoes I bought for the month of March)
Funny how she tied the two together, but I guess if I was a three year old Iwould too!

No comments:
Post a Comment