August 9, 2010

Bunnies in our Backyard!

It amazes me the wildlife that we are surrounded by here in Maryland! Road-kill everyhere, (I even hit a racoon, but it was okay) long-tailed deer running in fields close to our house (it's the strangest thing I have ever seen. These dear have tails as long as cats! Scott says they belong on the planet Pandora. He he! A little Avatar plug for all you nerds, like me,out there.) Geese begging to be hit as they cross the road while on my way to the gym.

My favorite of the wildlife that we've seen are these jack rabbits that just run all over our neighborhood. As you can imagine to my delight when I opened our family room window, last Sunday night, and witnessed six (that I counted) baby rabbits "nesting" in our jungle of a backyard. The backyard hadn't been mowed in a week (good thing) so these cute balls of fur were just hanging out in the long grass of our backyard.
Aren't they cute!! I haven't seen them since and Scott hasn't mowed the lawn yet (he said he wouldn't as long as they are there) so I hope they come back! It's kind of fun to have bunnies in our backyard!
Photobucket

No comments: