July 17, 2007
Candy!!!
I just have to say that I think candy is of the devil!!!! My girls are obsessed with it!!! Before Adelle's nap today she asked for three different forms of sugar: First was a popsicle which I quickly declined because the are so messy, not so much for Adelle, but for Lilly and what you must give to one you must give to the other. Second was Swedish fish that my husband brought home with him a few nights ago because his boss negotiated with him that he would stay and help if Scott bought them. Which I also declined being ten minutes to nap time. Third was a pudding snack that I had in the fridge mostly for Scott's lunches so he doesn't get bored with his turkey or peanut butter and honey sandwiches that I usually make him everyday, and you all know how important it is for him to be FULL!!!!!!!! (I attribute that to his mother who informed me that she loves to be very full, don't we all) Then Lilly when she sees anything that looks remotely like a candy wrapper the binky comes out and she reaches for it saying "umm, umm." It's hard though because when Adelle asks for candy she, nine times out of ten, asks in a very sweet loving manner, and I want to encourage it, but when it is something that I am going to regret later I struggle. You see as most children, when on a sugar-high, Adelle runs around like a crazy girl, but Adelle has more stamina that a lot of children. She will go for hours and hours and hours. It was a real struggle for a long time to get her to come away from the playground or swimming pool or playing with friends. When I say struggle I mean real struggle, screaming, crying, hitting, scratching, because she feels like she has not gotten all of her energy out. For example I was just telling one of my girl friends today that Adelle has only once fallen asleep while playing. The only way to get the child to sleep is to put her in her own bed and shut the door. (Though occasionally she will fall asleep in her car seat.) It doesn't matter how tired you know she is. Now that she is a bit older she's not as crazy, but when I give her candy or sugar I feel like we have reverted to our old ways. So that is why I think candy or sugar in general is of the devil!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree about the candy! I can forget naptime for Lance if he's had any prior to nap time.
Hey, beautiful music! Do you have to pay to get several songs together like yours? I love it! I couldn't get mine to play and so I just gave up on it. It worked for other songs, but I really want "Another day in Paradise" by Phil Vassar. I cannot get that thing to play! Let me know if you have some tips :)
Post a Comment