September 30, 2007

Miss Independent!

So a couple of days ago, while I was on the computer, Adelle decided that she wanted a piece of cheese. Not coming and asking me (she probably knew full well that I would have told her to wait a minute) Adelle helped herself to the cheese. Well in previous cheese cravings Adelle would just take huge bites out of the cheese, but this time she decided it would be best to cut herself a piece of cheese. So she got out one of our steak knives and proceeded to turn our block of cheddar into many mountains and valleys of carved cheese. In the process Adelle cut herself. But again she did not come and to share this small cut with me she took care of it herself.
After a period of time I thought it was too quiet and ventured downstairs to check on Adelle. Well when I arrived at the kitchen I looked on the floor expected Adelle to be there and all I saw was the mountainous cheese and the knife. I then looked onto the counter and there's Adelle getting herself a band-aid. I couldn't believe my eyes there was a little bit of blood on the cheese, and some on the counter, but she was calm and collected and completely fine. I was a little miffed at first but then I thought well she took care of it all by herself!

2 comments:

The Richardsons said...

I've decided independance is a love-hate relationship. Adelle is definately destined for greatness, but she may loose a few fingers along the way :) What a great story!

Jeni said...

This is random, but I was just sitting here thinking, "I can't wait to see pictures of Kimbur's girls in their halloween costumes! I want to make a dress-up skirt like the one you're making for Lilly.