So why do we have to have ups and downs? I was just feeling so good about everything and this week happened. My perfectly clean house is a wreck, my daughters are dirty, and watched far too much television that I usually allow, I've been going to bed at midnight and getting up at 8:30 or 9:00 it is so frustrating!!! All I want to do is read Harry Potter (I'm on the 4th book, excellent read by the way) I don't know I feel like I'm pushing through this, but I don't feel the same as I did last week. Any advice?
I just wish that I could always be together, and have everything perfect! HA! That's a funny one Kimbur!
4 comments:
If I'm feeling in a funk, my way out is to "switch gears" as my mom says: Change your routine from what you're doing that has caused the funk. For me, it's usually because I've been spending too much time in the house, Ike has been gone studying many hours for many days in a row, and the kids are pushing my buttons, so I have to switch gears and find an activity for us to do or get out of the house and do anything.
Remember This: You have two beautiful girls and a great husband. Life is so good! The dishes and laundry can wait. Enjoy your book......then back into your routine.
You could try "listening" to Harry Potter instead of reading? It makes it a little easier to multitask. You can get all the books on tape or CD at the library. I just finished "listening" today!
Amen to the "listening"! I have 5 of the books on CD in MP3 format and I just put them in the DVD player while I clean or fold laundry or cook dinner (plus it would occupy the TV for something other than viewing) You were leaps and bounds ahead of me with the early-to-bed-early-to-rise stuff so no advice there! You're a great mom, just turn over another leaf and get back into your groove!
Post a Comment