So I just wanted to update you all on some of the funny things Adelle and Lilly are doing these days. One of the funny things she keeps telling me is "Mom you make my love." Then the other day she was telling Scott and I something very interesting.
Adelle: "We are thankful for the life of bread."
Mom: "Do you mean the Bread of Life?"
Adelle: "Yeah"
Mom: "Do you know who the Bread of Life is?"
Adelle: "Jesus"
She is so smart and picking up on things so well. We have starting reading chapter books to challenge her a little bit, and it has barely been a challenge at all. We started reading "James and the Giant Peach" and every time we begin I quiz her on what is going on in the book. At first she needs a little coaxing to jog her memory, but she can tell me about what is going on and remembers! Her reading comprehension is really good and the kid is not even 4 yet!! She is also doing much better in Primary, and has been such a joy to have in our home!
Lilly has also been doing wonderful things! She talking more and more. She says all sorts of things and is no longer whining when she needs something. She says "help" when she needs help. She says "drink" when she wants a drink. And says "mo" (toast) when she wants bread. She also for the first time yesterday said a blessing on the food. I was working on lunch and I look over and she's folding her arms and talking gibberish. She went on for a minute and stopped and I coached her to say "In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen" and she did and we went on with our lunch. She is so independent and it amazes me how much of a mind of her own she has because Adelle did not communicate as well as she does. Adelle's enunciation was excellent at that age, but she didn't speak her mind like Lilly does. Also, unfortunately Lilly is getting into the "No" stage. To me it is always funny for the first little while, and then it gets old real quick!
Any way I just though that I would give you all a brief update on what my girls are doing these days!
1 comment:
That's so cute! What fun girls you have. I can't believe Adelle is getting into chapter books already. What a smartie! And I think that's a reflection on you, as a mother, that your girls have such great knowledge of Christ and of praying. Way to go, Kimbur!
Post a Comment