
Excellent Book! The courage this woman had! I'm still astounded. There were many points in the book that I loved but I think my absolute favorite was after the whole ordeal was over and she met with one of the soldiers that was at the first prison that she and her family were taken to. I remember her feeling like she could not forgive this man. So she prayed. She prayed for forgiveness, she asked for Christ's forgiveness to forgive this man, she asked him to carry if for her.
It strengthened my testimony yet again in Jesus Christ, and what he has done for me, and what he can do for me. I am so grateful for this knowledge.
3 comments:
Growing up I was fascinated by the Holocaust- both how people could be so cruel and how people could be so resilient and forgiving. I read dozens of books and one of my favorites was Alicia, My story by Alicia Apple-Jurman. It is the most incredible survival story of a young girl. You should read it!
I love this book! What an amazing story. I'm going to read it again as soon as I'm done with my Darcy books. Did I tell you about them? They're really fun...books that tell Darcy's story during the happenings of Pride & Prejudice. Good stuff.
I've read it and I loved it!
Good choice of reading!
Post a Comment