As we go to the beach! Last Wednesday we took the journey to Ocean City, Maryland to check out their beach. It was a two and a half hour drive and we ended up driving through Delaware to get there (thank you gps). Anyway here are some pictures of day...

Crossing the Bay Bridge. (I couldn't think about it too much it freaks me out!!!!!!!!! I'm getting nervous just talking about it)


I really should crop this shot of just their feet & shadow (and none of Scott's butt. he he) Maybe later.


This is what Gavin thought of the whole trip. (P.S. this is what happens to a photographer that wants to get beach pictures, is sooo paranoid about her six-year-old being taken under because she's not paying attention to the waves crashing right behind her, is also worried about her four-year-old, but not as much, as I said before sand is more her thing, and is caring for a baby that is not having any fun. Not to mention the paranoia she's feeling about getting sand in her camera. She forgets to turn down her ISO and what does she get? A really grainy picture. Owell it captures my Gav Man and his beach experience. So I turned the camera to full auto and captured this...)
Overall the trip was fun. But I have to say my East-Coast beach experience compared to my West-Coast...West-Coast is the way to go. The sand is finer, the waves are better (at least at the beach we were at) & the lighting was really weird. I don't know if it was the day or what but it was a weird kind of green lighting. Not that I would hold that against the beach. I'm just saying it was strange. The biggest thing. We could not find a public shower ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Can you imagine a two & half hour sand scrub on your legs and hiney? Lets just say my skin is extra smooth)
That was our trip and it was fun. Ta-duh!
p.s. I don't have anymore pictures of Adelle because after i took the picture of the upset Gavin he and I went to the umbrella and just hung out for the rest of the time. Owell next time Adelle. I still love you :)





1 comment:
LOVE the beach - no matter which coast...although, I would agree that they are different.
One thought on the sand issue...bring baby powder with you...shake some on and it dries out the sand...then, all you have to do is brush it off with a towel...it's painless and only takes a minute or two...not 2 1/2 hours.:}
Glad you had a fun family outing!!
Oh - and, shopping?? (last post) I get what you mean...it can get frustrating. Sorry - not sure I ever figured out too many tricks. It seems to go better, for at least a few minutes, if I include them...they help count the apples or get a chance to choose one option or the other (that I give them)...they like to be involved and always love to 'help'...whatever that may be.
Post a Comment