July 4, 2010

I am proud...

to be an American!

Words cannot express my feelings for Christopher Columbus for living his life in a way that he had the Spirit with him when he went searching for the Indies. For those courageous citizens of England that had enough and braved the treacherous waters to establish themselves and their own beliefs in a faraway land. For our Founding Fathers who were not afraid to stand up to the most powerful Navy in the the world (at the time, ours of course is now:) and that were righteous enough to be guided in writing the Declaration Of Independence and our Constitution. For the people that stood behind and supported those men and even died so that they could continue to be free. For the troops through the years that have defended that freedom since the birth of this great nation. For the men and women that I am friends with today that sacrifice so much so that you and I can continue to be free (A pregnant mother looking ahead to an 18 month long separation from her husband. A dear friend separated from her daughter for a month in a half to further her training. A young family picking up and moving to Japan. Just to name a few who I know, right here in my ward.) For the righteous men and women who have run the country and may be running the country today. For all those who protect our Commander and Chief and those behind the scenes to keep our nation running. For the Police, Firemen, and Paramedics who help keep our streets safe and chaos at a minimum. For the citizens who are not afraid to stand up for what's right, and exercise their right to vote.

Words cannot express how I feel about these people. So the best I can come up with is...

THANKS!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
Photobucket

No comments: