So I was talking to my sister Amanda two days ago and telling her my frustrations with no money, rarely seeing my husband and other hardships that I've been going through, and how much I deserve the blessings that I'm expecting. And she told me something that I thought was profound.
She told me that what I was doing, it's like waiting to get married. When you are looking for it you can't find it. But when you are no longer looking it falls in your lap.
So I have made a commitment to myself to enjoy the blessings that I have and discontinue searching for the blessings that I think I deserve. And also continue in full force the things that I should be doing so that I can be worthy of those blessings when they come (in the Lord's time).
I just thought I would share with you all the wisdom of my younger sister whom I love so much and am thankful for her friendship!
2 comments:
She is very wise. You will be blessed all this does come to an end. I've heard that the hard times are the best times and they are when lot's of great memories are made.
Kimbur, you're the greatest. I'm going to do a family dinner this month. We haven't seen you guys forever, we miss you!
Post a Comment