July 10, 2010

My latest small dilema...

grocery shopping. (dun,dun,dun) Am I just a big wuss or do you have this problem too? I plan all my meals, plan out my shopping list get everything ready for the big day to follow, and go to bed that night thinking this trip will be different. I am fully prepared) You get up the next day and you pile all three kids into the car, all three on their best behavior. You have the talk with them before you go in the store "be good or I'll put you up for adoption" (just kidding), and the moment they get out of the car...CHAOS!

Climbing on the cart, pulling cart into displays, running so far ahead that you have to shout for them to come back, (because you need to turn down this isle and you can't leave the baby unattended in the cart), walking into this person and that person, "mommy can I have this sample, can I have that sample, can we get a treat, I wish we could buy a toy, (as you enter the side of the store furthest from the bathroom cart half full of groceries) I have to go to the bathroom... I'm gonna pee right now", baby's climbing out because it's nap time and he wants to be held, so you're juggling baby and pulling the cart (because you can do that one handed)

Have any of you experienced the above? I dreaded school letting out for this, not having my oldest home, but the thought of the shopping. I struggle with two, but add a third, and I think I may be going crazy!!!!!! I have avoided grocery shopping lately because I would rather starve that deal with the insanity! (Okay it really could be a lot worse and we aren't starving:)

I guess what I'm getting at is what have you done to solve this problem? Paid a babysitter, have a deal with your hubby, trade with a friend, or do I just need to bite the bullet and do the shopping this way until they are all in school?

Advice here is greatly needed!!

love,
a mom slowly going insane... I mean
Photobucket

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Don't you remember me asking you all of the time how you shop with your girls? You always said they were good shoppers, but alas, they've grown up, are more independent, and are just like my kiddos:)

Shop less, buy more. I'm on an every 10 day rotation right now.

I just started buying produce in pre packaged bundles through "Bountiful baskets" for one low price, and one quick pick-up.

I have my boys sit in time out at the end of the aisle if they're bugging anyone, and my girls lose the privilege of walking if they wander off.

Maybe come up with a picture shopping list that Adelle can help you with. I organize my list by aisle, and my boys love helping, and when they're busy, they're less likely to tease their sisters.

Make sure you've taken all of your vitamins and had plenty of water and a good meal before you go to put you in your best mood.

If your shopping continues to be crazy, just like mine, good luck.

Jenny M said...

Wow, you and Sherrie are amazing! I seldom plan out my grocery trip. I really should do that more often. My answer has just been, Shop only on Saturdays when Jared is home and do it at Sam's club or Costco where you can buy everything in bulk. Try and just buy the 6 gallons of milk and fit them all on your top shelf, like Carrie Linscott does :)
Otherwise, I wish you luck with the kiddoes :)