
Adelle

Gavin

The Cars
On Saturday we had the pleasure of competing in our Ward's Pinewood Derby. Since my life is so busy I decided the day of the race to go to Michael's and get the cars. (Because that was where I was told to get them, there or the Boy Scout store.) And just as my luck would have it the cars were gone. So...I turned to my children, looking at me with doe eyes, and asked if they wanted to go somewhere else to get the cars. Of course they wanted to go somewhere else, they've been talking about this derby for weeks! I get on my handy dandy Blackberry and Google "Boy Scouts Store". To which Google brings up a store in Bethesda (for those of you that don't know Bethesda is 45 minutes away). Being the naive woman, but dedicated mother, (ha, ha) that I am I tell the kids that the store is really far and ask them one more time if they, really, want to go. To my astonishment (italics added for sarcastic emphisis) they said "yes" and I packed them all in the car and headed to Bethesda.
Long story short...I hit traffic, taking an hour to get to my destination, getting a little lost, but taking a small detour through the Naval Hospital, barely making it to the store before closing time, and causing us to be late to the activity, (but we didn't miss the race)!
Here's the kicker! As I'm telling people about my adventures to Bethesda, my story was returned by puzzled looks and..."Kimbur didn't you know that there is a Boy Scout Store just up the road from here?" (Doh!...palm slap to the forehead!)
Now isn't it Ironic?
(by the way my girls won both of their races! Who needs aerodynamics, when you've got crayons, stickers and WD-40?)
1 comment:
That is so funny!
Post a Comment