October 6, 2011

Daughters

Ummm… so where did the week go? Okay its been 11 days! I’ve been very busy!

Luckily I got to go to church in my pj’s this past week, he he. No seriously didn’t General Conference ROCK! We had a ton of fun! So the next three days I will post about what we did for the Sunday Session. YAY!

_MG_6397

We had some friends over, the Rees’ and ate Crepes for brunch. Then the festivities began (IF you want to call it that…I do :)

My favorite talk had to be a toss up between Pres. Eyring and Sis. Dalton. (You can listen to both talks here and here.)

I have to admit during Sis. Dalton’s whole talk John Mayer was singing in my head…

“Fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too.”

As I reflected on her words two thoughts came to mind…I am so grateful that I am able to have a wonderful relationship with my father! I love my dad to DEATH! His love and his amazing example to me was a huge part in my choosing my awesome husband and his influence has truly contributed to my marriage being what it is…Wonderful. (You may “awwww” now.)

It made me also think about my Heavenly Father and how important I am to Him. I think Pres. Uchtdorf said it best…

“Compared to God men is nothing yet we are everything to God”

Even the tiniest things that are important to me are important to Him. Which is something I struggle with as a parent (uh…oh…dirty laundry time).

My Adelle, the most important thing to her in all the world is her toys. Be it her whimsies, squinkies, whatever it is at the time, they are her friends and she is devastated when she can’t find a particular one or if they are taken away. And I get so frustrated with her about these silly toys! Because they take precedence over the more important things like cleaning her room! *deep breath. (Because that is the most important thing in the world huh?.)

So one of my focuses is to make the things that are important to my kids important to me.

Conclusion:

Fabulous talks, fabulous Conference, and I look forward to it next April!

AAAAAAAAAAAAnd for fun…

No comments: