October 8, 2011

The FOOOOD!

Okay it really wasn’t that spectacular, but I feel I discovered something.  _MG_6400

(Nice picture huh? Be quiet I was hosting) I made crepes forthefirsttimeeverinmylife. And I’m  sorry to say this but THEY WERE AWESOME!! Not to toot my own horn or anything, but they were really good. (To me anyway. And just so you know it took me like all day to cook all that batter.)

Back to my discovery. How many of you like apple pie? Go on, go ahead raise your hand…one, two, three, four, fivesixseveneightnineten…okay too many to count. Well guess what? I DON’T. Don’t get me wrong. I love the crisp crust sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar, but as soon as you add those ewwy-gooey-mushy-gushy-applesauce-tasting apples to that crust you ruin the WHOLE THING!

Okay ask me how I really feel.

BUT! (yes it a big but). My genius friend Amanda brought apples to put on the crepes. When she suggested it I thought to myself…

apples and crepes

My family have always been strawberries, whipped cream, and bananas kind of crepe people. I personally like mine with just cinnamon and sugar. Which led me to conclude…

apple pie

 

Don’t you just love my thought process? Anyway here was my concoction…

Cinnamon and Sugar

Apples

Caramel

more Cinnamon and Sugar

Roll

Whipped Cream

more Caramel

Yay! no mushy apples on my “apple pie”.  No crisp crust either, but it was really yummy.

You should try it!

signature

No comments: