September 10, 2011

Yumminess!

My sister-in-law Becky has this awesome blog with tons of amazing recipes. And tonight we tried her Chicken Kebabs and they pretty much ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I am so privileged to know Becky I thought tonight I would share her with you. Well at least her blog and this recipe.



Amazing Chicken Kabobs

1 lb chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
8 oz small whole mushrooms, stems removed
1 bell pepper (Any color will do I used red)
2 small zucchini, sliced (cut in half if large)
1 small red onion, cut into bite sized pieces (I put these next to the pepper when I skewered them and it was AWESOME!)
1 recipe Zesty Italian Dressing


Zesty Italian Dressing

1/4 c white vinegar
1/4 c lemon juice
2 t sugar
1/2 t salt
1/2 t seasoning salt

1/2 t red pepper flakes
1/4 t black pepper
4 cloves garlic
1 c canola oil

1/3 c Parmesan cheese
3/4 t Italian seasoning

In a blender, combine vinegar, lemon juice, sugar,
salt, seasoning salt, black pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Blend. While blender is running, slowly add oil in a steady stream. Turn off blender and add Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Pulse blender 2-3 times to combine herbs and cheese. Remove 1/2 cup of dressing for basting during grilling and set aside.


Place cut-up chicken in a ziploc bag (I used the quart size) and pour a little less than half of the remaining dressing in. Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until ready to use.

Place chopped veggies in a baking pan (or if your fridge is always as full as mine, put them in a gallon size ziploc bag) and pour remaining dressing (except for reserved 1/2 cup) over the veggies. Set aside.

If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for about 30 minutes.

When chicken is done marinating, skewer veggies and chicken. Make someone help you so it goes faster. My chicken pieces were pretty small...I got about 4 pieces of chicken on each skewer. I made 12 skewers total. We ate 2 skewers per adult, but next time I'll do three.

Preheat grill to medium heat and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning at least once. I turned mine several times. They smell amazing while they're cooking, and taste even better!

*I always marinate stuff in ziploc bags, my fridge is always too full to accommodate another dish or two. When the chicken and veggies are done marinating, just dump them into dishes to makes assembly easier.

*Mushrooms and zucchini get a bad rap. They are simply amazing when they're marinated and grilled! Don't leave them out.

As a side she suggests Lemon Rice and MY OH MY I DO TOO! The rice melts in your mouth with a zing!
BON APPETIT!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Becky said...

I just made those! Finished off the leftovers for lunch today. You are so nice, thanks Kimbur!! FYI, if you happen to have an extra lime you can just juice that instead of using lemon juice in the rice. So fabulous.