There are many things a Father fears. One is when they learn of their daughter's first kiss. Another is when they catch their son wearing make-up.
My husband's fear became a reality yesterday...
Preface: Tuesday afternoon I purchased some new mascara, therefore throwing my old tube away. Which apparently had plenty of mascara left. As I was putting on my new mascara that morning my son came and joined me in the bathroom. Doing his normal duties as I attempt to get ready...Flushing the toilet incessantly with his head peeking into the bowl of the toilet...climbing on the bathtub turning, on the sink, letting it fill up and then splashing water everywhere saying “drink-a-water”...causing mom frustration with his innocence of sanitation and love of splashing...then climbing on mom's lap, as she's blow-drying her hair or putting on eyeliner, saying “sguggle mommy” (can't stay frustrated after that:).
Anyway back to Scott's fear. After he proceeded with his mommy and me in the bathroom duties. He found my old tube of mascara (that I thought I buried in the trash for this reason). I hear my boy saying “eyes, eyes” and I look over and the above picture is what I saw.
And that's how one of my husband's greatest fears became a reality.
*Disclaimer: Scott didn't freak out at all he just laughed. If Gavin was 12 or 13 I think that would be a different story.

No comments:
Post a Comment