September 8, 2011

Shoot!

Watch out Cameron Diaz! The next "Charlie's Angels" Movie is MINE!!! (Oh please I hope they don't make another cheesy "Charlie's Angels" Movie) Recently Scott and I rediscovered "Date-Night" (what a difference a couple of hours without kids can do for you marriage!) Anyway so for our date we went to the indoor range, and shot. Something my husband LOVES to do! To tell you the truth I went along with it because I know how much he loves it, and let's just say we go shopping A LOT on our dates. (I'm a bit of a shop-o-holic:) So it was definitely his turn to do something he wanted to do. On our way to the range I'm thinking "Oh this will be fun la-di-dah" and then we got to the range, and I could hear all those gun shots, and my blood ran COLD I tell ya! ICE COLD!!!!!!

Analysis: Why Kimbur's blood runs cold when she hears a gun shot.
I'll be honest I haven't been around a whole lot of gun shooting in my life. (Honestly Kimbur not many people have.) I think this is the third time I've held a loaded weapon, and the first real time I've shot one. (Okay I've shot skeet twice and I shot a handgun once, really like one or two rounds) But everytime a hear any kind of gun shot, real or fake (thinking movies here) it scares the beejeebies out of me because those guns can kill! ("Guns don't kill people. I kill people." What movie what movie? Okay maybe I shouldn't joke about that.) Also when Scott and I were first married there was a drive-by-shooting on our street. You heard me a DRIVE-BY-SHOOTING! (Analysis over)

So I seriously had to do this self talk thing. "I'm in control of the gun. I'm not going to hurt anyone. Noone is going to hurt me. No you don't walk out on the range to set up the target." You know things like that. (Okay maybe I'm a little crazy.) Then Scott put that loaded weapon in my hand and I WIGGED!!!!!!! In my head I'm thinking "I can't do this, I can't do this, I can't do this" I was seriously on the verge of the verge of tears. Then I says to myself "Self" I says "You can do it. You are in control" And I did it. And apparently I'm pretty good :)
Me with my target and no make up :)
This was my best target. You see those holes? There's even one on the bulls-eye! Wait..what did you say? Oh yeah there are TWO! I have to give all the credit to the hottest teacher IN-THE-WHOLE-WORLD! Just look at how strategically he holds that bullet and check out those muscles. Stay away ladies he's MINE :)
He taught me all the cool little tricks that he knows and if he wasn't so patient I would have been all over the place. And let's face it holding a loaded weapon in your hand is kind of scary, and my man knows what to do! So I thought I better listen.
And since we were going with kind of a manly-theme we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Because wings are a MAN'S food, spicy wings that is. (Bytheway highly recommend the parmesan-garlic its my fav non-spicy and then we had two new flavors that rocked, Jalapeno, and Thai Curry.)
Now go grab a target, a hubby and a gun an go on a date. (Just kidding about the target and gun part unless you want to, but seriously GO ON A DATE!)
Btw the quote is from Happy Gilmore. The scary big guy at the tournament wore a shirt that said that.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello skinny lady! Look at you! You look great!

Becky said...

I was going to say Happy Gilmore! Bah. I love that huge, scary guy!