So it has been awhile since I have recorded my feeling on my blog. Probably because my feelings are so crazy! For the past month Scott and I have been awaiting a possible career change. The thing about this change, other than he would be changing jobs, is that we would also be relocated to Idaho. (I know many of you already know this, but there are some of you that don't.) That's why this is such conflicting thing for me. On the one hand Scott has the potential to make a lot of money. On the other hand we will be moving far away from family, and great friends.
Not only is the moving away going to be hard, but Scott will have to go to school longer. We are planning to be done at the University of Utah this spring. If we move to Boise, he will transfer to Boise State University, and we will have at least a year left. I am so tired of having a husband in school!!!!
So I'm writing tonight to hopefully put my feelings at ease a little, but I don't know if it will help. In the short run it would be ideal to stay, but in the long run it would be much better to go. I want to go because the cost of living in Idaho is a little bit less, and we will be making more money, and our little condo. debt will almost be gone. We will be able to buy the stupid little things in life that cost money. (like fixing a car if it's needed) But if we stay, we live in a great place with friends at our finger tips. We both love our callings. Adelle has a good friend next door. We have space. Scott will be done with school in 8 months!!! I don't know. The one thing that I do know is that the Lord is going to guide us in the right direction and make things happen for us if it is right.
So for those of you that all know about all this I will give you a brief update. Scott emailed Jim (the man doing the hiring) tonight thinking that he would hear from him tomorrow, but Jim emailed him tonight telling him that he tried to call, but has the wrong number or something. Anyway he asked Scott to call him tomorrow so they can "catch up"! What the heck is that supposed to mean. This man is giving us no hint of what our life is going to bring within the next few days. Scott put it perfectly "I have three days to decide my life, and Jim holds the pretty much all the power" So we are both sick with anticipation to find out what the heck is going on. I hope some of you appreciate this update, and can sympathize with my insanity. (Those of you that are medical student wives I kind of understand what you went through) Anyway I hope you are all well and I will hopefully have some good news to post tomorrow. Whether we go or not I just hope that we can move on with our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment