So Scott started his first day in Major Sales at Costco. (he just transferred departments) I am very grateful for this change because now he only works late 2 days a week instead of 4. So that is great for me because now we will be able to do things with our friends and family on weekends. He will be able to participate in church functions that occur during the week, and most importantly I can go back on my usual schedule. (not tonight of course because he worked late, but tomorrow don't expect a post from me past 9:30)
Anyway, I love being on a missionary's schedule. I love going to bed at 10:30 and getting up at 6:30! I know you all are probably thinking that I'm weird, but I feel like I get so much more done when I do this. It's probably because when I get up at 6:30 I generally get an hour and a half of "no girls" time. Plus when they take their nap in the afternoon, the part of my life that requires me to get things done is singing praises, because I can get the things done that need to get done, generally, and I still have enough time during the day to devote my undivided attention to my busy 3 and 1 year old. Plus when they go to bed at 8:00 and I go to bed at 10:30 that gives me another 2 1/2 hours to myself! (Scott is generally studying) I just have to say it is a beautiful thing! I'm happy because I feel like "Super-mom" my girls are happy because they think I'm "Super-mom" j/k no they're happy because I can give them the attention they need.
So in a few words I'm grateful that Scott was transferred!
For those of you that a waiting an update on Scott's job change, here is a brief update. Scott called Roger this morning, and we have received no phone call from him. I will keep you posted!!!
1 comment:
You know, I am not a morning person, but I think more and more about giving it a try. You are a super mom, and I am sure that your girls don't appreciate you as much as they should, but someday they will!
Post a Comment