August 31, 2007

My Girls!

I know, I know you are probably thinking what the heck is Kimbur doing blogging at 7:00 in the morning? I know in my last blog I expressed my love of getting up early enough to get a start on the day before my girls get up, but this morning was way too early for me. I've been up now for almost an hour and a half. Those of you like me that are not quick at math I've have been up since about 5:30! Scott had to work early this morning and when he woke to go to work so did I and I could not go back to sleep, which is really unlike me! I am a great sleeper! I can usually sleep through anything. My dad always gave me a hard time growing up saying that the house could be falling down around my ears and I would sleep right through it.
Anyway, so Wednesday I took the girls to the Red Butte Gardens, because it was hot, and they have a fun water fountain type thing that Adelle can run around in and Lilly can cautiously walk around the edges begging me to hold her almost the entire time. (I am fully aware that was a weird sentence.) But for the first time in a long time I just enjoyed my girls. I had nothing pressing, nothing nagging me in the back of my mind, no big rush to get home. I just played with them. I think that I have never really spent that much time just playing with them, teaching them about flowers and bugs and things. I can't remember the last time I did something like this, but it was so enjoyable. It made me really appreciate them and their sweet spirits! It also made me realize how much I really enjoy being Mommy!
For those of you that don't know it I am very work oriented. I must get the job done, and when it is done, I'm selfish and I get "me time". How selfish is that! But this week I decided to give that time to my girls, and what a difference it has made in my life these passed two days. It has made me appreciate my girls and my job as a "Domestic Engineer"! I have finally found a way to put my whole heart and soul into my job as a Mother something I feel that I have never really done before.
The big reason that I wanted to share this is because I want to shout it from the mountain top that I LOVE MY GIRLS!!!! And also thank you mothers out there that have been a wonderful example to me, and have paved the way for me to my eye opening experience! Also to my wonderful husband who has given me these children, and works so hard so and I can truly enjoy my job as Mommy!

No comments: