August 26, 2007

Sundays

I love Sundays! They are my favorite days of the week. My husband is usually home. I get to spend time with family. My favorite part is going to church though. I'm a very social person, and sometimes I get so busy with the tedious things that I have to do at home, that I forget to set aside social time. But going to church on Sunday gives me that time and I don't even need to plan it! More importantly though I always feel renewed and refreshed after having a day of rest from my weekly cares. Many a Saturdays come when I am so fed up and I wish I could just throw in the towel and give up. But then I go to church the following day, and I feel a recharge! Like I can do it! That has to come from the spiritual feast I receive there each week.
In Sacrament Meeting I am always blessed to partake of the wonderful spirit that is there. Even on days when Adelle and Lilly are giving me trouble I still manage to feel the spirit, and feel a little more patient with them. Then we have great Sunday School teachers that really know their stuff and really help me to understand the Gospel so much better. I have received many revelations as of late while sitting in Sunday School.
Then there is Relief Society. I have to say that R.S. is one of my favorite places to be. It is so wonderful to sit in a room with a group of women that are in the same boat as you, that have the same belief system as you, and that love you, and you love them. There is a great spirit in R.S. that you can't get anywhere else. Because women need women. It's just a fact of life. We learn so much from each other, and we strengthen and lift one another and it is a great feeling to know that I have that kind of support system. So thank you Joseph and Emma Smith for implementing the Relief Society program into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints so that I can enjoy the blessings that it offers. Also I would like to thank my Heavenly Father for the Sabbath Day. So that I can have a day to be spiritually fed and so I am able to take a break!

No comments: