Because we haven't had a vacation this year my parents got their timeshare this week and we decided to tag along. We have been up and down all week because we had prior engagements that we couldn't put off due to the last minute vacation.
One our engagements was our plan to attend Adelle's Dance Class's parent observation day a.k.a. the last dance class. So I went to wake her up this morning, and this is what happened.
Mom: Adelle it's time to get up and get ready for dance.
Adelle: No thank you
Mom: It's the last dance class don't you want to go?
Adelle: No
Being exhausted myself from playing hard and staying up late the night before I was in no mood to fight her. I also have been really into the tough love thing lately. After discussing it with Scott we both agreed that we were not going to go. In the mean time I went back to sleep and Scott and the girls got up.
The next thing I remember is Adelle crying about her dance class. I was heart broken. It was already 9:30 (the time her class started) and we were an hour away. She cried for probably 5 minutes about the class. Telling everyone that she needed to go and that she couldn't be late. So hopefully she learned her lesson, and I know I have learned mine. Make her go if you know she is going to regret it.
No comments:
Post a Comment